Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's Super Bowl Sunday

Well, I must admit that I'm not too excited about tonight's Super Bowl. I'll watch it, but not with the fervor I would had Buffalo been playing....

Today was a great day at church. We had visitors at Carter's Chapel and a wonderful meal at Carter's Station today. I talked about spreading the gospel with this week's lectionary verses. We celebrate communion on the first Sunday of every month, so today was also special for that reason. I would like to celebrate communion every Sunday with my parishes. I hope to educated them more about our sacramental heritage as Methodist and talk about the theological and social implications sharing around Christ's Table brings to a community.

Well, I'd better get busy. If I want to watch the SB, I've got to knock out a paper for UM Theology on the hymn "Hark the Herald Angles Sing!" One of Charles Wesley's more popular hymns.

No comments: